Work with Us!
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – ASSISTANT STAGE BAND DIRECTOR
Under the instruction of the ASPIRE Artistic Director and working alongside the ASPIRE Stage Band Ensemble Director we are seeking expressions of interest to act as ASPIRE Assistant Stage Band Director for 2020.
The position attracts a duty allowance of $200 per rehearsal for the period commencing Tuesday 4 February 2020 (21 rehearsals). Please note you will be required to attend two holiday rehearsals in the second week of the July school holidays as well as Sunday rehearsals closer to the production.
- Appropriate duty of care is extended to students
- Marking and maintaining of the weekly attendance roll
- Liaising with parents and fielding concerns
- Be present for each weekly rehearsal
- Assistant Directors are also expected to assist during Production week and the lead up to the production (casual relief provided)
- Assist the Artistic Director and Stage band ensemble Director as required working with small groups, taking notes and generally supporting the development of the young musicians in a positive manner
Essential Knowledge and Qualities
- Experience and Background in instrumental ensembles
- Skills in conducting
- Experience working with young people
- Working with Children Check
- First Aid Certificate
- Ability to work as part of a creative team
- Problem solving skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Background in Strings
- Ability to arrange music for instrumental ensembles
To apply for this position please email your CV and an EOI detailing your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 11 October 2019.
Queries regarding the role can be directed to ASPIRE Artistic Director Anna Kerrigan on 0424961775.