Why should students be a part of the stage band ensemble?
The Stage Band Ensemble provides students with the opportunity to work with other musicians, refining their performance skills and develop sophisticated ensemble technique in a welcoming and supportive environment. All students with a keen interest in developing their playing skills and want to work with other musicians should apply.
What are we looking for during auditions?
Students with a high level of technique or beginner students who have been identified as having a high level of musicality with potential. Beginner students must have at least a satisfactory level of technique and able to or a willingness to read music notation. No ensemble experience is required.
Skills developed during the production process
Skills that students will develop include how to:
- Practice difficult music, melodies, rhythms, dynamics and articulation
- The importance of good ensemble technique, listening and quality of sound
- Be organised and prepared for rehearsals and performances
- Meet deadlines and being committed
- Perform in an orchestra pit and performance practice
- Troubleshoot and solve problems during performances and rehearsals
- To work with and support other performers